compression varies when using Quicktime, Mpeg Steamclip , FCP for a power-point clip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 26th, 2008, 06:11 AM   #1
Major Player

compression varies when using Quicktime, Mpeg Steamclip , FCP for a power-point clip

Hi all,

I recently had to insert some clients power point presentation into a clip that I cut in FCP. Power piont clips are exported as PNG pic instead of Quicktime movie in Power-point.

The result varies . When I view it at 100% on the canvas in FCP the fonts (texts) on the Power-point looks sharp and great.

But when I out put it with quicktime and view it in Quicktime . it sucks, and it looks really bad. The quicktime clip is viewed in the actually size .

However when I open the same clip in the Free software call " Mpeg Steamclip" It looks stunning sharp again.

Can someone please enlighten me why is this so? How can I out the clip so that it plays sharply in Quicktime like as it was in Mpeg steamclip ?

And When I use DVD studio to out put it into a DVD. It texts are very bad. Why is this so? How can i make it look good when I output it into a DVD.

Do I have to change all the Powerpoint presentation to a Vector clip instead ?

Thank you inadvance
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:52 PM   #2
New Boot

In quicktime, the default is to not display video in High Quality format. The remedy is to open up the video, Show Movie Properties and select the video track. Under the "Visual Settings" tab, there's a check box in the lower right-hand side that is unchecked called "High Quality".

Check it on and preview then, it should be far more crisp than you've seen so far. When it asks to save the settings, say "Yes" so it retains it.
Kelly OHara is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite