DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 8th, 2008, 04:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

some questions about compressing and burning on a mac

i was hoping some of you could help me out. i've got HDV 24p footage which i need to burn to a regular DVD. with regular SD footy, i used to just export from fcp and drop that file into iDVD but with the HDV footage you really notice the bad compression and pixilation. from my understanding, that's iDVD's fault? would it make a difference if i dropped a well compressed file into iDVD, like, a file i've compressed with Compressor?
do you guys know of any alternative dvd burning software (preferably software that can be acquired for little or no money) that is as easy to use and as customizable as iDVD? i hate burning discs through Roxio Toast because they only allow you to use their pre-made templates and it looks unprofessional. any suggestions?
thanks in advance
Bryan Wilkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 05:22 PM   #2
Major Player

Why don't you use DVD Studio Pro? It doesn't take long to get down the basics and, unlike iDVD, you can use files compressed w/Compressor to get better results.

-A
Andrew Kimery is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite