DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Problem Converting a Timeline BACK to HD

So i have a problem. i have HD footage that got down-converted mid project because of a change in easy setup. originally i started editing the project with the setup at 108060i, but i changed easy setup to 720p30 before i finished my HD project so i could work on an SD project. However, when i re-opened my first project that was supposed to be in HD, everything had been down-converted to the 720p30 aspect ratio because the easy setup hadn't been changed back to 108060i.

i've tried everything and nothing seems to be working. the original capture scratch files are in full HD, but when i export my timeline that i've edited in, it comes out as 720x480.

i've tried changing the sequence preset back to 108060i and re-rendering and all i get is a squished rectangle video image in the correct size viewing window. it looks like this:
http://i29.tinypic.com/30u37y8.png

i don't know what to do, or how to get my project back into full HD picture.

any suggestions?

thanks
Morgan Crossley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:07 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Fixed!

i realized i needed to remove all attributes on the video before i changed the sequence preset.

worked great and the video's back to normal. thanks internet!
Morgan Crossley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite