DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 22nd, 2008, 03:18 PM   #1
Regular Crew

LiveType & FCE

I've noticed no matter what I create in LiveType after it is rendered in FCE as a Quicktime movie (LivetType clips used as intros) it loses Picture quality. It becomes very grainy, why???? How do I rectify this problem?
Tom Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 04:07 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I've had this issue before. See here.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=121057
Mark Keck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 07:20 AM   #3
Regular Crew

The LiveType source file is supposed to be used by FCP, not a rendered QT file (I don't know about FCE).

From the FCP manual:
Quote:
To add a title you created in LiveType, you import the LiveType project in exactly the same way you would import most media items. A LiveType project file within Final Cut Pro is simply referred to as a LiveType clip or a LiveType movie.

To import a LiveType project into Final Cut Pro, do one of the following:
Choose File > Import (or press Command-I) and navigate to the LiveType project you want to import into Final Cut Pro.
Or, from the Finder, drag a LiveType project file into the Final Cut Pro Browser.

The LiveType project file appears as a clip in the Final Cut Pro Browser.

Note: If necessary, you can later reconnect the LiveType project file on disk just as you would any other Final Cut Pro clip.

When you import a LiveType project, Final Cut Pro creates a LiveType clip that refers to the LiveType project file. A LiveType clip behaves just like any other clip in a Final Cut Pro project, so you can set In and Out points, edit the clip into a sequence, and reconnect the LiveType clip whenever the LiveType project file is updated.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 01:48 PM   #4
Major Player

When you open LiveType you must first set the project properties to match your project in FCE or FCP before you begin to build your title. Do this by going to the edit menu and selecting project properties.
Jim Miller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite