DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 24th, 2008, 09:45 AM   #1
Major Player

Lost audio

I edited a two camera ballet as follows.
1) Synced the two clips with in-out points on one sequence.
2) Adjusted the audio from both clips to my liking.
3) Exported the audio as an aif and imported the aif file into the project.
4) Deleted the two separate audio clips from my sequence and replaced them with the aif file that I had combined from both of them.
5) Linked Video Track 1 to the Aif audio track and dragged into a bin that I named nesting.
6) Linked video track 2 to the Aif audio track and dragged it into the nesting bin
7) Created a multi-clip from the two files in the nesting bin.
8) Mulit-Cam edited it into one new sequence.
* 9) **This is important. Using the razor blade, I deleted the unwanted video and audio between the dances. The orginal multi-clip sequence was 1 1/2 hours and I shortened it to 45 minutes using my trusty razor blade.

Everything worked great! I was happy.

I put the ballet project on hold while I moved all my project files from slower firewire drives to one fast firewire drive. (I posted about this on another thread).

I returned to my ballet project and found all my files had gone off-line. I quickly reconnected and pointed the confused files to their proper origins. My sequence looked great- just the way I had left it before I started moving project files and hard drives. But the audio was out of wack.

My sliced up audio from my sliced up shortened multi-clip sequence is not matching up because I didn't save my revised audio track as a separate aif file before I moved around my files.

Is there a point and click way out of my mess or am I going to have to do another multi-cam edit and make a new sequence?

"Talk is cheap unless you have a lot of audio toys"
Scott Routt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite