DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 22nd, 2008, 12:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Chapter markers in FCE and iDVD

Is there a way to create Chapter markers in FCE (to be put into iDVD) using the Quicktime Conversion option? I'm not using the Quicktime movie option because going from the original source (AVI files from a PC) to Quicktime movie results in loss of quality... But when I do Quicktime conversion, I can get in there and match the specifics exactly to the original AVI. (By the way, its very frustrating that you can't change any video or audio options when making a Quicktime movie. For more on how I came to these conclusions, check out a previous thread, http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=125568)

Anyways, if you can't include chapter markers with Quicktime conversion, is there a way to add them in with iDVD? We'd really like to have a scene selection for our film, but if it is between having a lesser quality video with scene selection (rendered as Quicktime movie), or having a high quality Quicktime conversion and no scene selection, we will go with the latter!

Scott
Scott Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 09:54 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Well crap...

I thought I'd try the Quicktime movie method once more, after having a good quality quicktime conversion file and it worked! It is flawless, and we now have chapter markers.

Well now that the problem is solved, I'd still like to know if you can add in chapter markers with iDVD. If anyone knows, post it here!

Scott
Scott Hamilton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite