FCP Viewer not showing audio waveforms at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 9th, 2008, 01:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FCP Viewer not showing audio waveforms

I'm running FCP 6.0.4 on a Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5. Recently, the Viewer window in FCP is having problems showing the waveforms for audio clips. Usually no waveform at all appears. If I zoom in to one frame, it will show up, but I can't get it to zoom back out. It becomes stuck.

I also get a split screen occasionally where the top half is video and the bottom half is audio, but with no waveform.

Audio waveforms do show up okay when attached to video clips.

This problem just recently started and I'm not sure what changed. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray Ellis
Director/ Editor
Raleigh, NC
Ray Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2008, 01:46 PM   #2
Major Player

Sounds like you need to delete FCP preferences using the appropriate version of FCP Rescue.

A slew of strange display behaviours arriving all at once often is fixed by this.

Also, is your software up to date? - specifically ProApplicationSupport? - this too is often related to display issues.
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:32 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, neither one of the options fixed the problem. I am current on all FCP updates. I downloaded FCP Rescue, trashed my preferences and restarted. Same problem exist. I'll keep trying things.
Ray Ellis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite