DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 19th, 2008, 10:19 AM   #1
Regular Crew

16:9 floods my Mac....

Thanks to Josh - I found ffmpegX ...and need to process a short piece of HD to put up on a listing for one of my products on Ebay. ..but when I process it 'native' (I hope that's correct..) ..it floods my screen because it is soooo large. It there a size around 900xsomething that would be better for the general public but still give an HD impression and larger than the 720x480? Thanks.

j i m
Jim Cancil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 11:22 AM   #2
Wrangler

853x480 is 16:9, but that might be smaller than what you want. The next step would really be 1280x720.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 01:19 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Greg: ..thanks, but ffmpegX threw me an alert that the width needs to be divisible by 16 ..so I got 880 instead. It fits in my iMac browser a lot better.

This is perhaps the cheapest (in many respects) so-called HD cam on the market. A DXG 567V ..but cheapo/crapo cameras have their place if the needs are somewhat parallel... (I had to send this one back because something loose inside was getting recorded)

j i m

...this camera is in a simple Grip I make to hold the cam onto the review mirror. I was on my way to the beach .. it kicked out after 1.5min? (maybe batteries..)

http://wetstuff.com/movie/DXG_test.mov.ff.mp4
Jim Cancil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 01:27 PM   #4
Major Player

912*513

I wouldn't really recomend going much above 600ish for web video though but it obviously can be done :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite