DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 1st, 2008, 09:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Need Advice about buying camera to FCP pro express

Hi everyone. Recently I bought the new Imac 24 inch. with the FCP HD express. Now I need to buy a good camera to do any kind of edition, by primarily for jobs like corporate or weddings for a price no higher of $1000. I was thinking in Canon XL1, Sony FX1000 or maybe canon HV 20/30. Since I used to have Canon Xl1 and Xl2, I'm very comstable but lately appears in the market this HD cameras for $600 or $700, but they are very little, with a lot of limitations and non presentable for a job. Do you think that Canon XL1 it's still presentable?. If someone here is deep in the bussiness of parties corporate and weedings I would like to ask wich camera will pick for a good wide range job to present everywhere and edit with FCP Pro express. Thank for your kind attention.

J.Laffont
Julio Laffont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 03:46 AM   #2
Regular Crew

You will probably get more answers if you post in the section on Canon standard definition camcorders, but I would expect an XL1 to be very worthwhile for this kind of work. Many people working on weddings find that the low light performance is much better than the cheaper high definition camcorders.
Nick Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2008, 08:49 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Good Mics for Canon XL1 advice.

I just bought one XL1 like brand new with the upgrade XL H1 and XK H1 . Also I bought the MA-100 for better audio. In your opinion, which one will be a good mic (with cable or wireless) to put in the AM-100?. By the way, can you give me an advice of how to work with audio in FCP HD express?.I noticed that only records and transfer to FCP in one channel. What I should do in that case?
Thanks for all.
J.laffont.
Julio Laffont is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite