motion slow mo not working out at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old December 9th, 2008, 02:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

motion slow mo not working out

I have been testing motion and its slow motion using optical flow on surfing clips and it always seems to warp the image and make it look wierd. (not usable) does anybody have any comments on this
John Cambell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2008, 02:46 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Some programs like Twixtor use frame warping to create the additional frames to make slow motion. You have to tweak the settings to get it to do the right amount so that your motion looks smooth.

Most programs and NLE's do slow motion by doubling frames or splitting fields, but this gives you stuttered slow motion or half-resolution images.

I'm not sure how the program you mentioned works, but if it's like Twixtor you have to mess with the settings to get it right. It will still possibly warp the frame some but if you play it in real time and you have the settings correct you won't see the warping. If it has a setting for frame blending then turn that on.

Best,
Andy
Andy Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2008, 03:29 PM   #3
Major Player

re

dude, im having the same problem and so want this to work
check my post below your i think, no answers yet though im afraid. sounded easy in reading but must be to frame rates and so on i guess??
Luke Oliver is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite