ACK! Fix Multiclip out of sync in MIDDLE? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old January 26th, 2009, 02:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

ACK! Fix Multiclip out of sync in MIDDLE?

I'm working on a 2 camera multiclip sequence, and the tight angle dropped about 1.5 seconds near the middle of the sequence. I'm using In Points to sync the two up (no TC available), so I'm at a loss how to correct this.

Is there a way to set another in-point? A 'mid-point'? :-)

Do I render out what I have so far, and then start up another sequence past the hiccup?
Or is there another way to handle this? The sequence is long -- about 40 minutes, and I was on the wideangle when the tight hiccuped and got out of sync...
Ted Bragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 03:57 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bragg View Post
I'm working on a 2 camera multiclip sequence, and the tight angle dropped about 1.5 seconds near the middle of the sequence. I'm using In Points to sync the two up (no TC available), so I'm at a loss how to correct this.

Is there a way to set another in-point? A 'mid-point'? :-)

Do I render out what I have so far, and then start up another sequence past the hiccup?
Or is there another way to handle this? The sequence is long -- about 40 minutes, and I was on the wideangle when the tight hiccuped and got out of sync...
You have to check the tight shot to see if it captured correctly. Especially audio sync. If the file is messed up, check the tape (if you shot with tape) and see if there's a problem at that point, dropout or a timecode glitch. If no problem is apparent you should do a test capture of the area in question, 5 seconds before and 5 seconds after. If the test has a problem then you'll have to create two multiclip sequences, one up to the problem, one right after the problem. Use regular editing to bridge the break. If the test captures properly, recapture the entire tight shot again and hopefully all will be well.
Old January 26th, 2009, 04:00 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the tips. I'm re-doing the whole thing. Other angles had drop outs, most likely from another app using the scratch disc. That'll teach me to multi-task while capturing... DOH!
Ted Bragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 09:16 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Yup, don't do that. Also disable Time Machine if you are playing back directly from the timeline to tape. Print to Tape and Capture seems to temporarily disable Time Machine.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite