Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 19th, 2003, 02:27 PM   #31
Regular Crew

is it better or worse than 2-3?
Jake McMurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2003, 06:10 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Nothing is better than 2:3:2:3 as far as pulldown is concerned. That's what the DVX100 records in when you just pick regular 24p. Advanced (24pa) is more stuttery. And of course 2:2:2:4 is the worst. Only use that mode to edit with if your computer is too slow to insert the proper 2:3:2:3 pulldown.

In your case, I think I'd recommend just shooting everything in regular (not advanced) 24p and editing on a 29.97 fps timeline. It will work fine, and you'll still have that 24 frames per second look, and it won't require massive amounts of CPU to play back properly.
Ted Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2003, 12:29 AM   #33
Regular Crew

well thats what I'm doing next time. Well if the editing will be done on my PC then I will shoot 24pa. I'm sorry but I've had a much easier time dealing with 24pa in Vegas. Part of that is due to the fact that my computer is faster.
Jake McMurray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite