DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 19th, 2009, 02:26 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Lewis View Post
MP4's for the PS3 are very easy. Just go with Quicktime conversion, then choose just plain mp4, then choose MP4 (not MP4 ISMA, i think) and then go with h.264 encoding. The rest of the parameters are up to you.

-Steve
Steve and David: The PS3 has some stupid data rate limit, and that pass through trick everyone talks about rarely works.
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2009, 11:38 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric Mannion View Post
The PS3 has some stupid data rate limit
Hi Aric.

Do you know what that data rate limit is?

I've earlier played (successfully) .m2t files on a PS3 and they had a data rate of 19.7 Mbps. I just made a sample H.264 QuickTime through Compressor of some HDV material and it had an average data rate of 7.6 Mbps. (I haven't changed it to an .m4v yet. I don't have a PS3 but hope to get access to one early next week to test all of this out). So it would be good to have more info about the data rate limit.

On ProLost, Stu said he'd been using this method successfully to preview his edits and color corection work on the PS3. His average data rate was also about 7.6 Mbps.

By the way, the link I gave in my previous post on this thread is now broken as ProLost has moved to a new address.

The new link is: ProLost - ProLost Blog - Convert H.264 Quicktime toPS3
David Knaggs is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite