Time remapping adjusting length? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 24th, 2009, 03:23 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Time remapping adjusting length?

I´m not sure that I´m in the right Final Cut Studio forum, if not please let me know.

I've just learned to change speed in the time remmaping on the viewer insted of modifiyng speed and I find it a lot more useful.
My question is: once I slowed down a clip, let's say 10%, of course has an extended lenght, but I want that clip to have the same lenght than before without having to cut off any piece.
I imagine there must be a way of clearing some frames off?
Any idea? Is it something I can do inside the Final Cut or I must need a complementary programme as After effects? If so how can I do it there. I don't know this programme at all.
Thanks for all your help so welcomed!!!

MACOS X LEOPARD 10.5.6
2.8 GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO
2GB 800M DDR 2 SDRAM
Alioshka Pakareva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2009, 05:22 PM   #2
New Boot

Sorry there is something that's not clear to me.
If you use Time Remap to reduce speed the clip length does not change. If instead you slow down the clip using Speed, then FCP makes the clip longer. What's your case ?

In any case, when using time remap to slow down your clip, you are basically increasing the "distance" between the original frames in the area of your choice (here the clip will appear slower) and you pile up the remaining frames at the and of the clip (here the clip will appear faster). If you don't want to see this last part of the clip you have to back up its OUT point so the sped up frames are hidden. This will however shorten the clip a bit.

I'm not sure though I answered your question.

Piero
Piero Fiorani is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite