Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 9th, 2009, 07:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

DVD Studio Pro questions?

Hey everybody,

I am working on a project in DVD STP and I got two questions:
- I have a different font I wanna use in DVD STP but I am not able to import it. I tried dropping it in all the font lists I have on my comp and I've used the lettertypecatalogus, but it still doesn't appear in DVD STP. What am I doing wrong here?
- I have created a button to use in the program but there are only a few colors to choose from for the buttons. Why can't I select a custom color for the buttons?

I hope someone knows the answer to this. Thank you in advance

Niels
Niels Neeskens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 07:14 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I forgot to say that I tried dropping another color on the button and that works, but then it stays on the button at all times. I need the button to be transparent in normal state, custom color while selected and transparent again when activated. I can't seem to find a way to do that?
Old April 10th, 2009, 04:52 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I solved a lot of the problem, but I still need to know how to make the button and the text work at the same time, but do different things, like the picture beneath:
http://www.nieproductions.nl/pictures/Menu.jpg
Old April 10th, 2009, 11:03 AM   #4
Go Go Godzilla

Niels,

What you wanting to do is very easily done in DVD SP4 however explaining the process isn't so easy on a forum.

I strongly suggest you pick up a copy of the Apple Pro Training series DVD Studio Pro 4/ Ritter/Ramseier, both first and second editions. It has very easy self-paced tutorials and comes with lessons on a DVD. The courses at Lynda.com are also good but I found the book/DVD to be a better resource since it doesn't require using the internet.
Robert Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 02:48 PM   #5
Trustee

If you're having trouble getting the new font to show up in DVD Studio Pro it could be how you're importing the font into you system. The correct way to import a font is:

1) Bring the font onto your system (could be on the desktop, portable hard drive, what ever)
2) Double-click on the font file. This will bring up a little window that shows you want the font looks like.
3) In that window click the Install Font button

In my experience, this is the best way to have a new font instantly be available to all your applications. If that doesn't work try this:

1) Launch the application Font Book
2) Find the font your having trouble with and select it from the font list
3) Choose File>Validate Font

If the font is corrupt, this check will tell you. It's actually good to validate all your fonts using this process. It can help eliminate future system errors that can crop up.
Old January 14th, 2010, 11:38 PM   #6
Major Player

I'm having trouble with a font.

In Photoshop CS4 is appears as "Apple Chancery".

In DVDSP4, it does not show up in the list.

I opened "Font Book.app", found the font, and validated it.

Still no appearance in DVDSP4, although i did not restart the app.

Any thoughts?
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:04 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Hi Scott, looks like your issue is resolved?

Apple - Support - Discussions - Font used in Photoshop not appearing in ...

My apologies -- I haven't been here in a few months and am just now catching up here and at the Apple Support Discussion Forums.

Thought it would be beneficial for folks here to know what the eventual (successful) outcome was so we'll be in a better position to assist someone in the future with a similar question.
Dan Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #8
Major Player

Yes, it pays to scroll all the way to the bottom before concluding a font is missing. Apparently DVDSP4 does not organize strictly alphabetically.
Old January 18th, 2010, 09:14 AM   #9
Major Player

Yes, it pays to scroll all the way to the bottom before concluding a font is missing. Apparently DVDSP4 does not organize strictly alphabetically.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite