Lumiere HD - awesome HDV solution - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 12th, 2004, 04:24 PM   #16
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Frederic Haubrich : The url is http://www.lumierehd.com

Only a logo for now. But more coming very soon.

Chroma noise filter, hummm...perhaps. -->>>

I'm pleased to notice that the Lumiere HD website is now more than just a logo. It's sort of fleshed out. Way to go! Now the only big thing left to add is a link to buy the product.
Murad Toor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2004, 10:39 AM   #17
Regular Crew

When is the Lumiere HD software going to be available? I have gone on the website but you can't purchase it yet. Wasn't it supposed to be available this week?
Louis Grimaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2004, 09:20 AM   #18
Wrangler

Louis,

We are just back from NAB...exhausted and thrilled with the incredible response we received.

We have a couple of big announcements to make early next week, at which point we will announce when the product will be available for purchase.

Thanks for you interest.
Frederic Lumiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2004, 09:07 AM   #19
New Boot

Picked up a copy at NAB

But had to send it out to the guy who is actually aquiring the footage. He is going to test it out and let me know how it is working, and what the quality looks like.
Old May 1st, 2004, 01:31 PM   #20
Regular Crew

I'd like to know if it's possible to convert the HDV TS to DVCPRO HD. Now that FCP can handle DVCPRO HD similarly to DV (on a G5), maybe it's possible to have a more "online" process the whole way through. This would be important for accurate previews of graphics and special effects, especially if you're doing any chroma keying.
Murad Toor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2004, 05:30 PM   #21
Wrangler

Murad,

Yes the new DVCPRO HD codec allows for an HD editing workflow and it is completely compatible with Lumiere HD.

Having said that, I see only one reason for editing in HD in the timeline: If you have an HD monitor to view your edits as you are editing.

Now, the DVI to ADC adapter with the FCP HD will allow you to use your second monitor as an HD monitor. So if you have an HD resolution monitor extra, I highly recomend this solution.

Finally, I still recomend bringing the project online (it's only 3 clicks with Lumiere HD) in order to use the source Quicktime Friendly MPEG2 Program Stream to render your final output.
Old May 4th, 2004, 08:01 AM   #22
Major Player

Just a note to add that FCP HD actually also allows you to use your Main monitor as your HD monitor, so if you don't have a second HD resolution monitor, you can use a standard VGA monitor connected to your second video output, put your timeline on this and use your Cinema display as your HD monitor. Or you can switch back and forth as you feel like.
I've been using this setup and it seems to work quite nicely.
Lumiere also converts material to the DVCPRO HD format for editing very well.
Old May 5th, 2004, 10:59 AM   #23
Wrangler

Paul,

Furthermore, I hear there is a quick key that allows you to play your timeline in HD res, realtime, even if you have only one monitor!

Does anyone know what the quick key is?
Old May 12th, 2004, 09:34 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Lumiere HD Status?

Dear Lumiere Folks - Any updates on the when Lumiere HD might be released? Some of us stand ready with cash in hand - and stacks of unedited HD tapes. Is the delay due to problems with the app or with packaging and production? My Final Cut Pro eagerly awaits this plug-in. DCS
Old May 12th, 2004, 01:01 PM   #25
Major Player

Frederic, the quick key is Apple-12

Paul
Old May 12th, 2004, 02:26 PM   #26
Wrangler

David,

We made an annoucement on our website http://lumierehd.com

The target date is June 1st.

There are many reasons for the delay. Including, establishing reseller relationships, manufacturing and a new version 1.1 with a new and improved MPEG-2 encoder.

We are very excited about version 1.1...
Old May 12th, 2004, 03:57 PM   #27
Regular Crew

June 1 Sounds Good

Frederic - Thanks for the reply. All I've found on the web site is "Coming Soon" but I appreciate the additional information. Can we order now or do we wait until June 1?
Old May 12th, 2004, 05:21 PM   #28
Wrangler

David,

No need to order in advance. You can see the announcement I mentioned and other topics regarding Lumiere HD in the sites forum. "Click on the support link".

Thanks for your patience. Another factor for the delay is that we REALLY want to make a good product and our team has a tendency to be on the perfectionism side...:)
Old May 13th, 2004, 09:17 AM   #29
Regular Crew

Got It!

Thanks for the pointer to the FAQ. Now I'll just count the days to June 1. Incidentally, we potential purchasers are glad your developers are perfectionsists.
Old May 19th, 2004, 08:24 AM   #30
Wrangler

David,

We are on schedule to release the new version version 1.1 on June 1st.

In the meantime, take a look at the QuickTime training movies describing the workflow on our site:

http://lumierehd.com

More coming soon...
Frederic Lumiere is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite