DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 31st, 2009, 05:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Making video look like web video

I have a scene where I'd like the video I shot to look like a video conference on the web. So amongst the things to do is stutter it every once in a while, desaturate the color, and freeze on a frame every so often until the bitrate "catches up". What plug-ins in FCP would help achieve this look?
Edward Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2009, 07:33 PM   #2
Major Player

You could just post the clip online and then do a screen capture with Snapz Pro.

But if that doesn't appeal to you, the secret is in the frame rate. Most web video is posted at 15fps, so to exaggerate you could try 7 fps and see how it looks, then randomly blade out a few frames here and there.
Chuck Fadely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2009, 09:07 PM   #3
Better than Halle Berry

I'm with Chuck- upload it to Youtube and videotape off the monitor or screen record. Too much 'web video' in movies looks like regular video with a cheesy filter applied. Everyone in the world knows what Youtube looks like.

Noah
Noah Kadner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2009, 10:26 PM   #4
Trustee

VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials & Post Production Tools

Also, Magic Bullet looks comes with some similar effects, but they are more oriented toward bad film, not glitchy web video.
Old June 4th, 2009, 03:51 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Kadner View Post
I'm with Chuck- upload it to Youtube and videotape off the monitor or screen record. Too much 'web video' in movies looks like regular video with a cheesy filter applied. Everyone in the world knows what Youtube looks like.

Noah
Yeah, I've seen a number of 'bad digital signal' type filters and they all look like filters floating on top of the footage.

-A
Andrew Kimery is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite