Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 13th, 2009, 12:18 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Changing DVDStudioPro Menu from NTSC to PAL

Hello Forum,

I was sloppy and forgot to have the person who made my DVD Studio Pro menu animations make a PAL version as well as an NTSC version. He is overseas right now and I was wondering if there is a quick and easy way to convert the DVD menus from NTSC to PAL? It was originally built in Photoshop and I have the original files for all of the graphical images and such. Do I have to go back to the basics of making all the images in the menus PAL sized or is there an easier way? The guy who made the DVD menu suggested a screengrab that I resize...but I wasn't sure how I could do that for all of the moves within the menus (example - from main menu to extras menu it looks as if "the camera" pans over images to a different section of screen).

Thanks for all help and advice.

Cheers,
Sharon
Sharon Pieczenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 02:37 PM   #2
Go Go Godzilla

Unfortunately DVDSP only let's you open one project at a time, so you wouldn't be able to simply copy-and-paste the finished menus into a PAL project.

You'll have to create a new PAL project, import your assets and create the menu structure all over again.

Unless someone else knows another trick.
Old July 13th, 2009, 06:57 PM   #3
Major Player

The animations like PAL are just video that get compressed in the menu, you'll need to resize the video for PAL, Put them through compressor like you would any other video for the conversion and you should be ok.

However, then you need to match menu images to the video exactly, which means convert that video to PAL, then get a screen grab of the converted video, and then use that as your menu imagery still (if the still section is a still not an animation.)

If your menus are using overlays or photoshop layers, you'll need to recreate those as well, based on a still of the menu section. If you are using simple buttons without an overlay file you'll be fine without that.

You will have to as far as I am aware then author the project from scratch again anyway, there is no simple conversion process in DVD Studio, which is a bit annoying but in reality as all your assets realistically have to be quite different it's generally a start from scratch job anyway.
Craig Parkes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite