Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 9th, 2009, 07:20 AM   #1
New Boot

Problem with FCS 2009

Hi
I have new FCS since 2 days. And since that time I have problems.
Nr.1
The SmoothCam filter does not work properly. I have been using that filter in FCP 6 and it was great. Right now I had updated the project and the same footage with the same filter does not work. Footage was analyzed and with the green line, looked ok. But after the rendering or exporting to the separate file the picture looks worser then without the filter.
Is this a bug? Am I alone?

Nr.2
When I am exporting audio file from FCP to the soundtrack pro as audio file, everything works. I can add filters export material back to FCP but in SP I hear nothing. When I export audio file to the soundtrack pro as multitrack project, everything works great I hear everything and the soft works ok. I do not understand why in single audio file project I hear nothing.

I am using MacPro 2,8 x 8 and what is realy important Multibridge Extreme by Blackmagic -design.

If somebody have any ideas please shere it with me. thanks and sorry for my week language.
Andrzej Tomczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 07:04 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Did you upgrade to FCS3 from FCS2? or was this a clean install?
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 08:14 AM   #3
New Boot

I did upgrade from FCS2. I will try to do cleanone. Thanks for sugestion.
Old August 16th, 2009, 02:24 AM   #4
New Boot

Hi
I have depression. I did a clean instal of everything but the problem is still on.
I am using Blackmagic video card and right now I will wait for the new drivers for that card.
Does anybody have the problem with SmoothCam filter in FCP7.
My footage is in XDCAM HD 35 VBR 50i. I do a lot of shots from handheld camera so SmoothCam filter was a salvation for me. And all of my project are upgraded to FCP7 so I have a problem with opening them in FCP6.

Any sugestions? It would be geat.
Andrzej
Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:02 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi,

For your consolation I have also problem with Soundtrack. I cannot export anymore from it since I upgraded to FCS3. I will try to go back to Soundtrack from FCS2 but keep the other software from FCS3. Will see if that works. Regards,
Pavel
Old August 31st, 2009, 04:05 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Testing Soundbooth CS4

Hi,

Quick update: I gave up on Soundtrack, right now trying Soundbooth as an default audio editor for FCP. People say a nice things about it. I like its darker layout - much more comfortable for the eyes in editing environment.

Re: Smooth Cam filter apparently there is a bug in the new version, I noticed the same problem. Somewhere I read you can use Smooth Cam filter from FCS 2, try google it. You can use Motion for stabilising your pictures or After Effects too.

Regards,
Pavel
Old September 7th, 2009, 03:04 AM   #7
New Boot

Thanks for your sugestions. I will wait for FCP 7.0.1. But I am disappointed about new version of FCP. For me it is only marketing of Apple. The new codecs of AVCHD are avaible in PS4 since one year. New prores codecs are very usefull but for the people who work on RED or HDCAM. The rest of "100" make a smile on my face. I wish that rendering or exporting would work in 64-bit. It is funy that I have mail which works in 64-bit but my pro aps still works in the 32-bit.
Old September 7th, 2009, 12:31 PM   #8
Major Player

Other probs with FCS 3.0

I'll also mention that there are other reported bugs as well, apparently with compressor producing artifacts. The smoothcam bug has been reported elsewhere (surely this must have been evident in pre-release testing?).

I should add, that I've upgraded from FCS version 1 to version 3 in the middle of a project (24P HDV source, AIC on timeline), which is unwise, but fortunately nothing has broken for me.

I'm just starting a new project (also 24P HDV source) and I'm using the new ProRes LT codec, which is made for HDV (ProRes or heaven forbid, ProRes HQ is overkill for HDV). The file sizes of ProRes LT are about the same as AIC, but are 10-bit.
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite