DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Lumiere HD workflow (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/26782-lumiere-hd-workflow.html)

Steve Mullen June 23rd, 2005 08:42 AM

"But, as Frederic says, the MPEG2 stream coming down that firewire cable is a 60fps stream, not a 24p one, but it only contains data for 24 out of those 60 frames, with the extra frames being small pointers to one of the real 24 frames that gets duplicated."

There's no such thing as REPEAT frames frames replaced by "pointers." (Where did you hear this idea?)

There must me 60 full frames per second to keep the 60Hz timing right. What may be true is that the REPEAT frames are flagged -- something very different.

There are many ways 24 can be embedded in 60. That's call the pulldown cadence. Frederic seems to be claimg JVC has done some non-standard pulldown. One that will require special software to remove all but the 24 frames.

I don't buy this because for the analog output, JVC must use 2:3:2:3 pulldown which is the industry standard. Now if it adds 2:3 to the 24fps for analog -- I really doubt that it does send exactly the same cadence down the i.LINK.

If 2:3 is sent down the i.LINK, then any NLE that deals with telecined video can handle it. No extra software is needed. FCP will never know this wasn't film transfered to video -- excapt the video is progressive and not-interlaced. This is already done with DVCPRO HD at 24fps..

Now the OS X FireWire driver may have to be modified to accept 720p60 at 1280x720 since that is different than Panasonic which is 960x720. But, that is a trivial change.

Likewise the driver will have to be modified to allow 720p25 and 720p50. I'm sure will see an unpdate before AVID ships there HD-100 solution this summer.

Doug Park July 14th, 2005 03:55 PM

Same export to tape problem

I just purchased Lumiere HD to try to solve issues I am having using FCP 5 to get video back onto my HDR-FX1 after I have edited it in FCP. I have followed the instructions on the Lumiere site but am having the same issues as you. My video is streched and offset and the audio is sped up, causing the audio and video to go out of sync.
I would love any help in resolving this. I am still unable to get video back to my camera either in FCP 5 or with Lumiere. Lumiere HD's support seems to be non-existant.

Linus Nilsson August 30th, 2005 06:56 AM

Capture 720p24 with Lumiere?

Is it possible to capture 720p24 with Lumiere?

Heath McKnight September 9th, 2005 09:57 AM

I thought I saw something to the effect on www.lumierehd.com their latest beta (you need to buy the full version, then download the beta) supports the HD100.

I'm shooting stuff Sunday for a short on the HD100 and plan on using FCP 5 to edit it natively.

heath

Frederic Lumiere September 14th, 2005 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus Nilsson
Is it possible to capture 720p24 with Lumiere?

Lumiere HD 2.0 due out in a couple weeks will support HDV 24 from JVC.

Frederic

Tim Dashwood September 15th, 2005 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frederic Haubrich
Lumiere HD 2.0 due out in a couple weeks will support HDV 24 from JVC.

Frederic

Frederic,

Does Lumiere maintain the original TC? Can I convert to a lower rez proxy for offline and then re-conform later from HDV?

Tim Dashwood November 8th, 2005 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Shaw
I'm not aware of any proposal for an HDV camera which records 720p60, so maybe you're thinking of the Panasonic DVCProHD camera?

The JVC GY-HD7000 due out next year will shoot and record 720P60 in a HDV format. There is talk that it may use a higher bandwidth than 19.2Mb to maintain a higher quality. aka ProHD XE
The JVC HD100 records 720P60 to tape at 19.2Mb/sec all the time as a format, but the captured 24P or 30P are embedded with repeat frames. The HD100 will output 720P60 live to the component outputs when in 720P30 mode.
ABC and FOX broadcast 720P60.

Tim Dashwood November 8th, 2005 04:21 PM

Frederic,

I registered before I purchased. How do I now enter my serial number to get tech support?

Tim

Brian Duke November 8th, 2005 07:50 PM

Yeah I need that too, cause I am havingsome problems with the beta version. It won't permit me to enter the name of the file.

James Ewen November 10th, 2005 07:54 AM

Chaplinvision JVC 24p

Hi there,

I have searched for threads but with no luck yet...

We have....Captured JVC HDV 24p in Lumiere and transfered over to FCP 5.0 and altough the capture is there it seems to be playing out at 10fps. We have checked all settings.... have I missed something in another thread?

Please enlighten me,

James
DP
Earthmedia Imaging and Film
Mozambique

Frederic Lumiere November 10th, 2005 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Duke
Yeah I need that too, cause I am havingsome problems with the beta version. It won't permit me to enter the name of the file.

Brian,

You need to register on our forum at:

http://lumierehd.com/forums/

Frederic

Tim Dashwood November 10th, 2005 12:50 PM

You're using the latest beta? 1.6b2

Augie Arredondo December 22nd, 2005 12:26 AM

Is LumiereHD Necessary with FCP5?

Just curious. I know lumiereHD is supposed to great job of converting HDV to a myriad of file formats, but now that FCP5 is native HDV...is LumiereHD still necessary? That is with an FX1, not anything new like the XLH1.

please advise.

Steve Connor December 22nd, 2005 03:17 AM

No! Unless you have a JVC HDV Camera

Andy Graham December 22nd, 2005 04:21 AM

Hey Steve,
I don't supose you know when FCP will fully suport JVC hdv cameras in hdv25p mode? (i have the hd100e). Will it be a maintenance upgrade to FCP5 or will they bring it out in FCP6?

cheers Andy.