Audio for still menu DVDSP 1.5?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 30th, 2004, 11:27 PM   #1
Major Player

Audio for still menu DVDSP 1.5??

Is it not possible to have audio playing when using a .psd file menu in DVD SP 1.5? I have made a few motion menus which will allow audio no problem. The problem with the motion menus is that I cant use the p-shop buttons or can I? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2004, 12:16 PM   #2
ChorizoSmells

You can have music with a still menu. Once your still photo is imported and in the Graphical View area, click on it once to select it and in the Property Inspector, under the Audio tab, just select the audio track that you want to play for that menu.

I don't know what you mean about motion menus, what problems are you having with the photoshop buttons.
Old May 31st, 2004, 01:10 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Rik. My Problem is there is no audio tab in the property inspector when using just a still psd file .When I use a mpg2 file(motion menu) the audio tab will appear. Is there something wrong here?
Thanks.
Old May 31st, 2004, 02:45 PM   #4
Warden

DVDSP 1.5 was rough at best. It worked for some and others had nightmares with it. I seem to recall many menu issues with 1.5 and urge you to upgrade at your earliest convenience. Upgrading in the middle of a projects can be problematic too. You might try trashing the preferences.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2004, 04:35 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Jeff. I tried trashing the prefs but still no audio asset when using a still for a menu. Hopefully I wil be able to upgrade before my next project.
Old June 1st, 2004, 07:19 AM   #6
Warden

Matt several people responded to me via private email and offered several suggestions for you. But Ted Springer hit it on the head and here is his email:

Still menus can have audio, if it is just a still (not layered) image or if it uses overlays. If it uses layers like a Photoshop file, you simply can't have audio no matter what, even if you are using DVD SP 2 or better. Basically when you select a new button, the menu changes layers on the image file, more or less going to a whole new menu. You can have audio if you use overlays instead of PSD files, and your menu will be snappier as well. PSD originated menus tend to be slower as well. I would urge the poster to look into using overlays on Apple's own user forums.

Thanks, Ted!

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2004, 11:43 AM   #7
Major Player

Thanks Jeff and Ted! Yeah thats my problem I'm using psd layers so no audio.This is the first menu I had created with layers i guess i will keep it as flat image and go back to the overlays.Always can find the answers here at dvinfo!
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite