Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 17th, 2009, 12:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FCP - How to Export Multiple Audio Tracks

Hi,

I'm still trying to get together deliverables and need some help.

The company wants 8 tracks of audio that are very specific as to what they are and what track they are on. How do I export multiple audio tracks from Final Cut so that they stay in the order that they are? I only know how to export two tracks.

Also, how do I keep all of those tracks the same in Compressor when I compress the video from NTSC to PAL?

Thanks for the continued help! I couldn't do this without you all.

Cheers,
Sharon
Sharon Pieczenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 06:09 PM   #2
Major Player

The short answer is FCP can't export each channel like an Avid can.
The longer answer is SoundTrack Pro will do it (has a nice export function that will do what you want).

Although, if you want to stay in FCP just disable the tracks and export each channel separately.

-C
Attached Thumbnails
FCP - How to Export Multiple Audio Tracks-picture-3.png  
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:28 PM   #3
Major Player

Sharon, FCP is perfectly capable of exporting movie files with multiple audio tracks

Go to your sequence settings and set your Audio Outputs as desired, for 8 tracks of discrete audio then you would set 8 channel. In your sequence you then map your timeline audio tracks to the desired outputs by right clicking on or around each track's track lock (or auto select) button and mapping to the desired audio outputs from the context menu. Finally you simply export your sequence as a Quicktime Movie and that will create the movie with as many audio tracks as are specified for audio outputs.
Andy Mees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Re: FCP - How to Export Multiple Audio Tracks

What if in addition to the separate audio channels you also want to export a stereo mix to two additional channels? Can FCP do that?
Stefan Immler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite