DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Cant get slow enough to burn? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/33286-cant-get-slow-enough-burn.html)

Ryan Wachter October 11th, 2004 03:45 PM

Cant get slow enough to burn?

Im uysing Verbatim dvd-r's and burning a short film using Toast 6. I run it at 1x and it stops about half way saying its getting the info to fast or something and that I should slow down the burning speed...but you cant get slower than 1x, am I missing something here?
Thanks
Ryan

Jeff Donald October 11th, 2004 04:46 PM

What bite rate did you encode your data at?

Ryan Wachter October 11th, 2004 06:31 PM

I used the advanced quicktime on FCP 4

Jeff Donald October 11th, 2004 07:01 PM

Let's start a little simpler, are you making a data DVD-R or are you trying to burn an mpg2 DVD-R to play on a DVD player and watch on your TV?

Ryan Wachter October 11th, 2004 08:31 PM

Yes as a dvd, I was able to successfully burn it as a data dvd but when I had finished the film and had it made into a quicktime movie I was using the video function to burn it to dvd to use on dvd players.

Ryan Wachter October 13th, 2004 03:21 PM

so no one knows what I need to do...sorry Im definitely new to compression and video types.

Jeff Donald October 13th, 2004 03:31 PM

If you're using Toast, I think there is a quality setting in the Video Settings. Try lowering the quality.

Ryan Wachter October 14th, 2004 09:43 PM

I tried putting it down as far as quality...still stops at the same place....

I appreciate the help.

Peter TK Lee October 14th, 2004 11:50 PM

Hello Ryan,

Have you tried using iDVD instead?

Peter

Andrew Hogan October 15th, 2004 02:05 AM

Yes use iDVD if you don't have DVDSP to do your DVD authoring.
At least then you can make some nice menus to interact with when you play it in your DVD player.

Ryan Wachter October 15th, 2004 01:45 PM

I do have dvdSP and have transfered a quicktime FCP version to it. Will I have better luck burning it from there once I get the rest of the bugs out of the menu?

Peter TK Lee October 15th, 2004 06:05 PM

Hello Ryan,

What menu bugs are you referring to?

I think you should start with iDVD first to reduce the amount of effort needed to author on DVDSP.

cheers,
Peter

Andrew Hogan October 16th, 2004 01:04 AM

Use the quicktime version of your exported movie if you are going to finish it in iDVD

or,

Exporting out of FCP as an MPEG2 if you are going to author it in DVDSP.

But authoring in iDVD is much easier if you want to burn a DVD asap with little effort, but if you author it in DVDSP it can look more "Pro".

Ryan Wachter October 16th, 2004 09:09 AM

No Im not in a huge hurry to get it done...Id rather just have a nice dvd.
As far as exporting it, ive been choosing export>quicktime movie...> then I have been using those in DVDSP. Is this going to give me a good quality video? Can I make it better by exporting it in a different fashion?

By bugs I just meant things I didnt know how to use yet. I had just recently purchased DVDSP and am still working things out, still learning.

Ryan Wachter October 16th, 2004 11:10 AM

Ok, well the menu wasnt totally finished but I figued Id burn one and see how it comes out....and when it begins to burn I get this...

Recording engine: Device is not supported for the requested burn operation.

WHATS THIS MEAN!!!