Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 13th, 2009, 07:38 PM   #1
Major Player

MXF file import

Hello,

I searched around and really have not got an answer on this question.. I was sent a .mxf file that was shot using the Panasonic HVX-200 camera.. I have tried to import it, I also tried using the Log and Transfer tool to import.. and have not figured it out.. Is it possible to import this file?? Do I need some other software ???

I am using Final Cut 6.06...

Thanks i advance
Old September 13th, 2009, 10:35 PM   #2
Go Go Godzilla

Unless the person who sent you the file/s sent over the *entire* contents from that specific P2 folder then it won't import. This was a common problem with P2 first hit, people were going into the MXF folders and deleting what they thought were useless text files and/or grabbing the contents of just the video files.

If possible, get the P2 card - or the HDD that was used to transfer the data - and do a direct transfer yourself. If you're not sure if you've been sent a complete P2 contents folder put up a screen shot and one of us P2 experts will tell you if you're missing key data or not.
Old September 14th, 2009, 07:15 AM   #3
Major Player

If all you have is the MXF file and none of the accompanying data then you'll need something like MXF4Mac's MXF Import, or Calibrated Software's MXF Import components

MXF Import
Calibrated{Q} MXF Import for OSX
Andy Mees is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite