DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 14th, 2009, 06:19 PM   #1
Major Player

Getting rid of plug-in

I downloaded the NewBlueFX Cartooner plug-in for FCP and for Sony Vegas. It was fun, but...

The problem is every time I open up FCP there's an ad to buy NewBlueFX upgrades. It makes me nuts. It doesn't happen in Vegas, by the way.

I'm hoping someone can tell me how to just remove the plug-in from FCP, entirely. I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks in advance.
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #2
Major Player

Is there no Uninstaller? That would be your best bet.
If not, is it an FxPlug based plugin? If so then you'll probably find it in your /Library/Plug-ins/FxPlug folder

If you find handling plugins a bind, then you might like Digital Rebellion's new "FCS Maintenance Pack" which is a bundle of tools designed for managing and maintaining your FCS installation ... included within them is the Plugin Manager app. Might be worth taking the the free 15 day trial version out for a spin.

FCS Maintenance Pack - Maintain Final Cut Studio, Diagnose and Fix Problems, Manage Settings
Andy Mees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 09:47 PM   #3
Major Player

Andy:

The library suggestion didn't help. I couldn't find newbluefx anywhere, even doing a search. And neither could I find an uninstaller.

But your last suggestion did the trick. I downloaded the application and used the plugin manager to get rid of NewBlueFX Cartooner. I opened FCP, ad the advertisement did not appear.

Thank you very much for your advice.

Charles
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite