Nattress's new film effects 2- my hero !- thanks at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 20th, 2005, 06:22 PM   #1
Major Player

Nattress's new film effects 2- my hero !- thanks

OK - I haven't even tried out version 2 but I know it will be the best deal in dv software on the market , even w/o installing it yet. I want to thank Graeme for what , to me , is the most incredible and generous mind at work today in dv. The pure fact that you don't have to pay again for each upgrade is so totally against the flow of this selfish world that I think it stands as an example of which Apple itself should especially take notice. If I had payed for each fcp upgrade since version 1 , fcp would have cost me well over 2 grand. It's what I hate about Apple and what I love about Nattress. Profit shouldn't be what moves the world we live in. Maybe I'm a child of the 60's . Maybe I've been living outside of the US too long , but when I cross paths with a man like Graeme , who's willing to share his talent w/o only thinking of how much money he can make , well , it's a breath of fresh air and I want to thank him for what he's doing in a public forum - thanks Graeme !
Kurth Bousman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2005, 06:46 PM   #2
Major Player

I think you touched upon the more important issue at hand here, Graeme visits these boards, and is actually interested in helping others and giving and receiving feedback. I don't know of many other companies who believe in listening to their customers that well.
The fact that the updates are free is a very fine bonus although many companies do not do this. If he changed his mind in the future and charged for significant updates, it would not turn me off because I understand, you do actually have to make a living. If a client brings me an old project and wants to update it, you better believe I'm going to charge for it. (unless it is a technical mistake on my part).

If you want to read more about this great little plugin, head over to the Apple web site where they have an article about Mary Poppins and using FCP and Nattress filters to rework the 40th Anniversary Edition DVD. He is mentioned on page 2 towards the bottom.

Here's the article

Thanks Graeme!
Rhett Allen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite