Windows Media 9 Export Component for Mac OS X released at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 18th, 2005, 11:39 AM   #1
Tourist

Windows Media 9 Export Component for Mac OS X released

Popwire is now shipping its Windows Media 9 Export Component for QuickTime on Mac OS X. The component makes it possible to encode Windows Media 9 content from QuickTime-based products such as Final Cut Pro, iMovie and Discreet Cleaner. "With the 32 professional presets embedded in the component you will be able to produce windows media content at any given bitrate or connection in no time," according to Popwire. The component is available for US$29.95

http://www.popwire.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=7
Stephen Golubieski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2005, 08:31 PM   #2
Major Player

Just downloaded it and encoded a clip. I chose one of the presets for braodband and the results aren't as good as QT but I guess I'll have to learn how to tweak the settings like I did in QT. QT is still better than wmv9 though.
Old March 18th, 2005, 11:44 PM   #3
Wrangler

*sigh* and I just spent $99 two weeks ago on Flip4Mac's version of this. Oh well.
Old March 19th, 2005, 09:48 AM   #4
Major Player

I just bought Flip4Mac's two days ago. I guess it seemed like a valuable tool for $100 though, so what can you do. I sure hope that Flip4Mac upgrades with some nice features to be competitive with that price!
Patrick Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2005, 04:36 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Patrick, Charles and Flip4Mac users, don't despair. Hang tight 'till NAB and you might be getting something else as an add on to your package.

LOTS of kewl stuff coming from Flip4Mac.

Can't say more. NDA and all <grin>.

Craig Seeman
3rd Planet Video
AND
Flip4Mac Consultant
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2005, 06:08 PM   #6
Wrangler

Thanks Craig! Hey, I casually installed my WMV software on my laptop as an afterthought, but then realized I really needed it on my tower; however, I appear to have exceeded my installations. Is there any way to manage this (I thought I saw something in the Flip4Mac forums about converting from the demo to full version without having to be online, but then I couldn't find that info again).

thanks...
Old April 21st, 2005, 10:07 AM   #7
Wrangler

Have done the free upgrade from WMV Export to WMV Studio, after watching the demo at NAB. I'm now opening WMV's in a Quicktime player right in Safari, which is absolutely genius. They look great and it's wonderful to be able to navigate around the clip. Now I'm definitely happy I bought Flip4Mac.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite