Easy way to add images to credits? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 23rd, 2005, 02:04 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Easy way to add images to credits?

Hello everyone. I'm using Title crawl to generate rolling end credits, but I also need to incorporate images that roll along with the credits. Is there an easy way to do it other than keyframing the image under motion and attempting to match the title crawl speed? It seems awfully tedious.
Xiaoli Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2005, 02:13 PM   #2
Major Player

If your rolling credits aren't too long then you could try nesting a sequence with a big vertical resolution, building the credits and images as a big vertical composition in that sequence and keyrframing just the nested sequence to roll the whole thing through in sync. But this will quickly get unmanageable if your rolling credits require more than 4 or 5 times the vertical resolution of NTSC.
Zach Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 02:21 PM   #3
Major Player

If you are including pictures you might want to recondsider doing a crawl. Watching peoples' heads move off the top of the screen is a bit off... Maybe do the main characters with pictures, one at a time, fade between them, and then do a crawl with everyone...
Mark Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 02:24 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Actually it's just to incorporate manufacturer's logos for the equipment we used. I thought that'd be kind of cool since I see it a lot in Hollywood productions.
Xiaoli Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 09:38 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Apple's Motion using the throw behavior would probably work great, and for what it does, the price is attractive.

Jason Brunner
jason@aros.net
http://www.jasonbrunner.com
http://www.fleurpost.net

(Thats just, like, my opinion, man)
Jason Brunner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite