DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   iMovie questions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/4257-imovie-questions.html)

John Locke February 1st, 2003 07:26 AM

Do they require Jaguar?

Jeff Donald February 1st, 2003 10:39 AM

iMovie and iPhoto require 10.1.5 or later. iDVD (not free and not available by download) requires 10.1.5 or 10.2.2 or later. Some people are having problems, some are not. If you don't want to experience a problem or two wait for the first or second update. All the bugs are usually fixed by the second update (at least for newer machines). That is the nature of software, especially when it has been rewritten (it's Cocoa, not Carbon).

Ben Bruno February 27th, 2003 11:24 AM

iMovie...question about still pics

I am using iMovie right now until I can get my hands on FCP. Here is my question. I have some photoshop images that I want to import into iMovie. The resolution is fairly high in PSD..why does the image look so crappy when I import it into imovie? Is there any way to change that? OR does anyone know the recommended resolution to import stills?

Jeff Donald February 27th, 2003 11:37 AM

This thread may be of interest as well as these tutorials.

Kris Durkin March 17th, 2003 02:58 PM

Capturing in imovie then importing footage to Premier

Hi,
I have a break in timecode for about 8 min. of footage. I was wondering if I can capture in imovie and then import my footage into premier? I've heard you can have dropped frames doing this. Does anybody know for sure if this will affect footage in a negative way? thanx a lot in advance.
-Kris

Jeff Donald March 17th, 2003 06:16 PM

Just capture in separate clips and avoid the break. You can import iMovie into FCP, I would assume Premiere can import iMovie footage also. Try a small clip.

Rob Lohman March 18th, 2003 04:44 AM

Premiere can import QuickTime DV files. So if iMovie can create
those Premiere should not have any problems importing the file
(it seems to support most of the QuickTime codecs...)

Jeff Donald April 7th, 2003 06:20 PM

Need an alternative to Apple's iMovie?

This was just announced at NAB. It's not free, but less the Final Cut Express

John Dimasi May 16th, 2003 08:03 PM

imovie to idvd audio sinc problem

This is the problem I'm having with Imovie 3 and IDVD 3. When in Imovie the audio matches the mouths of the people talking perfectly. When I encode using IDVD and play back the finished product the audio goes out of sinc looking like a Godzilla movie with the people moving their mouths and the audio not matching. Any ideas on how I can fix this or why it's happening?

Jeff Donald May 16th, 2003 08:12 PM

This is actually a known issue and a fix is in the works, I read. I understand that a fix involving extracting the audio works for some people and not others. You can read about it here in the Apple Discussions.

John Dimasi May 16th, 2003 08:15 PM

Thanks Jeff!

Stylianos Moschapidakis May 30th, 2003 12:12 PM

Hi8 PAL, MiniDV NTSC and iMovie 2...?

What do people think about this:
I have a Hitachi Hi8 PAL camcorder, a Sony dsr-pd-150 NTSC camcorder and iMovie 2. Is it possible to use the pd-150 as a DV bridge between my Hitachi camcorder and iMovie 2 to import and eventually edit my Hi8 PAL footage?

Thank you.

Stylianos Moschapidakis May 31st, 2003 11:23 AM

Anyone?

Jeff Price June 3rd, 2003 04:23 PM

iMovie 3.0.3 released

There is also an update to iMovie available on the Apple web site. It works with the new version of QT. Early reports are hopeful that at least some of the nuisance issues may be solved...

Nick Hiltgen June 7th, 2003 04:12 AM

I don't think it's possible because when it goes into the NTSC camera it's going to become distorted, I suppose maybe if you change your deck settings so that your NLE thinks that it's pulling in from a PAL deck instead of an NTSC deck it would be possible.