A pro like editing system for a newbie - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 14th, 2002, 03:19 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Thats another question i had, I am looking for a large monitor 17" atleast like suggested but I don't need a lcd. What do you suggest I was told for best color match I should get two of the same monitors. So it should be a fairly easy to find monitor and one that isn't too expensive.
Suggestions?

Ill be purchasing the FCp3 at the apple store since its a great educational discount. As for the ram and harddrive, how are the apple prices? Should I just go with the 2-8o hard drives for 329? Im having trouble finding prices online.
Ryan Wachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2002, 04:39 PM   #17
Warden

I like Sony, NEC and Mits. monitors. Name brands tend to be a little more costly. If your near CompUSA, check out what they have. They have an Apple store inside most Comps (staffed by Apple employees, not the Comp clowns). Call ahead and find out when the Apple person is there and go talk to him. Explain that your a student and buying the computer from the online Apple Store to get your discount. Ask about monitors and let him show you a couple of CRTs. Comp has good prices on drives and fair prices on ram (not the lowest, not the highest). If your comfortable with Comp get your accessories there. If you want to shop on line there is Mac Mall, Mac Zone, to name a few. On Apples site, go to their retail partners for a more complete list.

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2002, 06:23 PM   #18
Regular Crew

another quick question

i found a pretty good deal on a burner. So what i was thinking was, should I upgrade to the dvd/burner at apple.com and then get this other burner which i can get for practically nothing. They are both internal, i see the g4 has two slots. Will this be a problem in any way?
thanks
Ryan
Ryan Wachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2002, 09:10 PM   #19
Warden

Yes, your model QuickSilver has two slots, but one is for a Zip drive ONLY. You can not put two burners in the old enclosures. I have an old enclosre, too. I installed one internally and the other I bought a FireWire enclosre for ($100).

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite