DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:52 AM   #1
Major Player

Pass through capture with FCE

My church utilizes a G5 running FCE. I would like to hook up a camera an use it as a pass through device and have FCE capture the stream. The problem is that everytime I go to perform the capture it asks for the timecode. I've searched high and low through the program and manuals to find where I can turn off the device control function but I can't find it.

Does someone out there know exactly where I would turn off the device control function for capture? Thank you.

Ben Lynn
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2005, 09:03 AM   #2
Wrangler

Don't know about FCE, but in FCP you would open the "Log and Capture" window and click on the Capture Settings tab. Pick "non-controllable device" from the Device Control drop-down tab.

As an alternative however, you might take a look at BTV Pro. It's a very cool shareware application that will do what you want an much more: http://www.bensoftware.com/btvpro.html
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2005, 09:32 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for both tips Boyd.

I'll check on the settings adjustment this week. I think that the BTV Pro program is really the best answer. I've been very dissappointed with Apple's capture tools and I like the options that BTV Pro offers. Thanks.

Ben
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite