New G5 Monitor Ports - NO ADC ports! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 7th, 2005, 12:49 PM   #1

New G5 Monitor Ports - NO ADC ports!

This only affects Mac users that are using the first generation of Cinema Display Monitors (the clear ones).

------

FYI - The new Mac's (released 5/2005) ship with two DVI ports and no ADC ports. So I was unpleasantly surprised when I had to go down to CompUSA for an adapter ($99 "DVI to ADC Adapter" part number M661LL/B).

It was not so much the money, as it was the hassle. I'd hate for any of you to get that surprise as you are excitedly removing your new G5 from the box at 10:00 p.m. Saturday night. This may also allow you to work something out with the place you purchase your G5 in ADDDDvance, as opposed to afterward.

sideNote: My last G5 that shipped in March 2004 came with one of each.

You can see more on these types of ports on apple.com at:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86504
Old May 7th, 2005, 01:07 PM   #2
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek West
My last G5 that shipped in March 2004 came with one of each.
Yep, my dual 2.5 G5, purchased in March 2005 also had one DVI and one ADC port. I have a DVI > VGA adaptor on one port, and an ADC > VGA adaptor on the other so I can use two VGA screens :-)
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite