DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 20th, 2005, 12:18 PM   #1
Major Player

FCP "General Error" with AUGraphicEQ filter

I'm editing a piece on an iMac G5 right now in FCP 4.5 on OS 10.3.9. When I apply the AUGraphicEQ filter (the 31-band equalizer), I can't play the clips with it applied, and Final Cut gives me a "General Error" warning. I've tried my usual maintenance - repairing permissions, restart, etc. - and nothing seems to make a difference. It only seems to happen with that filter - my compression and low pass filters work just fine. All the other Apple Filters work fine. Anyone know what this means? Is the plug-in file corrupted? Is there something out of whack in my project settings (I'm editing NTSC DV, by the way)? At the very least, has anyone else seen this error before?
Zach Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:37 PM   #2
Wrangler

Did the filter work before you upgraded to 10.3.9? Have you tried downloading the latest FCP update from Apple's site?

http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...acosx1039.html

I don't know anything abouit "AUGraphicEQ"... is it shareware, did you buy it? I assume there's a website somewhere that offers tech support. Why not check to see if they have an update too?
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 01:41 PM   #3
Major Player

Boyd, thanks for the good suggestions, but the filter worked yesterday on a different project, and I haven't installed anything in that time. AUGraphicEQ is a filter that ships with FCP 4. I think it's one of Apple's CoreAudio units. So it's not suspicious shareware.
Zach Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 02:29 PM   #4
Wrangler

In that case it's probably worth giving this a try if you haven't already done so:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showpost....57&postcount=6
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2005, 10:33 PM   #5
Tourist

The EXACT same thing is happening to me right now. Using a Dual 1.8 G5, 10.3.9, and FCP 4.5. I'll erase my preferences tomorrow and post again to say if it made any difference. Thanks for the tip.

Darren
Darren Flynn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite