Best HDV import to FCP? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 26th, 2005, 05:06 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Best HDV import to FCP?

As mentioned before, I'm about to pick up an FX1. I plan to get Lumiere HD to bring the footage into Final Cut, but I know there's a couple programs that are able to import to Final Cut. As far as I know, Lumiere is the best. Is this correct, or is there a better import program I can get? It should be noted that I can't afford to upgrade to FCP5 just yet--I'm using FCPHD.
Eric Wotila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2005, 04:04 AM   #2
Major Player

Doesn't the FCP upgrade only cost slightly more than Lumiere?
Steve Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2005, 06:24 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Connor
Doesn't the FCP upgrade only cost slightly more than Lumiere?
It costs $500, but I'm on the acedemic version so I can't upgrade. I have to buy the full version. That will set me back $1300--a lot more than just the $180 for Lumiere.
Old May 27th, 2005, 10:50 AM   #4
Major Player

Fair enough! I have to say I didn't get on with Lumiere at all, but many other people are happy with it.
Steve Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2005, 09:59 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Wotila
I'm about to pick up an FX1. FCPHD.
Not the JVC HD-100? Think about that tasty progressive scan, and that wonderful form factor, not to mention those XLR inputs that can keep your audio tracks free of signals from the local radio stations. And then there's the lens - everything from focus to iris is where it should be - on the barrel; no silly knobs to fidget with as you try to keep your eye on the shot.

If it's the 1080i you're after, think about the world we're moving into, where all the cool monitors are progressive, and where your images will need to be transformed (with a significant resolution loss) before they'll play.

cheers,

A
Alex Bowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2005, 10:38 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Bowles
Not the JVC HD-100? Think about that tasty progressive scan, and that wonderful form factor, not to mention those XLR inputs that can keep your audio tracks free of signals from the local radio stations. And then there's the lens - everything from focus to iris is where it should be - on the barrel; no silly knobs to fidget with as you try to keep your eye on the shot.

If it's the 1080i you're after, think about the world we're moving into, where all the cool monitors are progressive, and where your images will need to be transformed (with a significant resolution loss) before they'll play.

cheers,

A
Look at the date on the post ;)

I bought my FX1 well before the HD100 was released - and as cool as the HD100 is, I'm more than happy with the FX1. :)
Old December 15th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I did look at the date - immediatly after making the post. And then I felt silly. But I'm glad the FX1 is working out.

Cheers,

a
Alex Bowles is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite