Audio Tracks are popping at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 7th, 2009, 03:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Audio Tracks are popping

I'm messing around with music tracks into the sequence. The sound for my b-roll sounds fine, i just lowered the levels a bit.

I added some music to the sequence and discovered that you have to render or else a beep will be heard in the background instead of the music.

So i rendered the sequence, and then the music track plays, but it is making a popping/skipping noise similar to a scratched CD when i play through the sequence.

If i listen to the track from my bin, it sounds fine, only when it's in the sequence does it make this noise. Any thoughts to what may be causing this? Thank You!
Old October 7th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #2
Trustee

Did you check the levels using the audio level meters? Do you seen the red clipping indicator lights flashing?

BTW, if you use Quicktime Pro to open your music tracks and then File>Export them as Linear PCM 16-bit, 48 khz, they will drop right in without rendering. It normally takes less than a minute to convert them. (I love Quicktime Pro)
Old October 7th, 2009, 04:00 PM   #3
Regular Crew

yes, all the levels are below -12db. nothing is peaking at all. odd thing is that it only happens when i play it from the timeline, but the actual song itself doesn't pop.
Old October 8th, 2009, 06:33 AM   #4
Major Player

Sounds like you might be trying to use an MP3 or other incompatible audio variant in your timeline, could that be the case? If that is the case then you really should transcode, as advised above, before importing and using the transcoded version in your timeline.

Best
Andy
Andy Mees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:24 AM   #5
Sponsor: Westside AV

I dont know what you are using to monitor, just Mac, or AJA, Matrox etc.

A few times I have had similar issues with AJA cards. Restart zap the P-ram (command-option-P-R on startup let mac ding 4 times then let go), and of course trashing your FCP prefs works in a lot of cases like this.
Olof Ekbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 12:22 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I'll see what i can do by transcoding the audio.

I'm only monitoring the audio through the Mac itself as well, no AJA, etc. I'll give it a go resetting my preferences as well. Thanks!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite