Non-standard plug-ins for FCP? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 23rd, 2009, 12:43 AM   #1
Major Player

Non-standard plug-ins for FCP?

My dad showed me some excellent plug-ins for Photoshop, and it got me wondering about plug-ins that people are using for FCP, specifically for event videography. One Topaz plug-in cleaned up a grainy image so much my jaw was on the floor. It left vivid detail. They also had a really cool exposure tweaker. I'm curious what's out there that works for people.
Old November 27th, 2009, 06:57 PM   #2
Trustee

Googling Final Cut Pro plugins or FCP plugins will return all kinds of great results, and there is quite a sizable industry built up around this concept.

Apple maintains a running list of plugins designers and their products as well. Check out:

Apple - Downloads - Mac OS X - Final Cut Studio

Some specific ones that might of special interest to wedding videographers might be:

Apple - Downloads - Final Cut Studio - Digital Coverup

Apple - Downloads - Final Cut Studio - Electronic Makeup Artist

Apple - Downloads - Final Cut Studio - Movie Color

Apple - Downloads - Final Cut Studio - Neat Video for Final Cut

-Jon
Old November 28th, 2009, 11:02 AM   #3
Major Player

Magic Bullet?

I kinda like the magic bullet looks plug-in for instant color correction that provides a preset look, good for videos that you have get out of the way real quick.
Sherif Choudhry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 11:59 AM   #4
Major Player

My favorite plugin is NeatVideo - I now use it all the time to get rid of low-light noise and video artifacts.
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 03:30 PM   #5
Major Player

Nattress Plug Ins - especially in the world of DV footage, are probably some of the best value for money Plug Ins ever.

Nattress

Sapphire Plug Ins are some of the most well known/respected plug ins in the world of Onlining/Finishing and Motion Graphics. They are exceptional, and have recently started offering a monthly rental price which is amazing value for money (especially for freelancers who have experience with the Plug Ins when working at high end suites, but need access to them for one off jobs that they are doing on their own):

http://www.genarts.com/product/sapphire/fxplug/features

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite