Plug-In for Final Cut Pro to animate photos? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 25th, 2009, 10:34 AM   #1
MPS Digital Studios

Plug-In for Final Cut Pro to animate photos?

Hey everyone,

Is there a plug-in for Final Cut Pro (I'm on ver. 7) that will make it easy to edit and do basic animation/moves of photos? I have an edit with 300 photos and I need to make it easy.

Thanks,

Heath
Old November 25th, 2009, 11:28 AM   #2
Major Player

You can animation motion of photos right in final cut with out any plug ins through key framing. If you want all of them to be animated in the same way, you can copy one, then highlight all the others and sect paste attributes and they'll all be animated in the way in which you animated the first one.
Old November 25th, 2009, 12:00 PM   #3
MPS Digital Studios

A friend of mine recommended this one:

CoreMelt plugins for Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express, After Effects and Motion - ImageFlow Fx V2

So I'm gonna give it a shot.

Thanks!

Heath
Old November 25th, 2009, 12:19 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath McKnight View Post
Hey everyone,

Is there a plug-in for Final Cut Pro (I'm on ver. 7) that will make it easy to edit and do basic animation/moves of photos? I have an edit with 300 photos and I need to make it easy.

Thanks,

Heath
Check out Coverflux

idustrial revolution - - CoverFlux

for a free, and fairly simple method for quickly generating some pretty nice and even graceful slideshow imaging options. (It is pretty limited though, and works on only up to 25 photos at a time.... but still, its free.)

You might also want to take a look at the CoreMelt Imageflow plugin

CoreMelt plugins for Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express, After Effects and Motion - ImageFlow Fx V2

I bought it the day it was released to add some unique features to a slideshow montage video that was due that week and it really did a great job for me. It felt alot like an early stage product at first because there was some noted "buginess" with the output of some of the animation settings (unintended flickering and blurring on occasion) but they continue to add updates to fix the bugs. And while there are some options in the package that I can't imagine every even using at all, a number of the templates are quite nice.

So far, having purchased and used this plug-in has paid for itself several times over.

-Jon
Old November 25th, 2009, 12:22 PM   #5
MPS Digital Studios

Thanks, Jon. I'm going with CoreMelt. Just re-installed on my new system.

Heath
Old November 25th, 2009, 12:25 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath McKnight View Post
A friend of mine recommended this one:

So I'm gonna give it a shot.

Thanks!

Heath
Arrrghhh! Sorry for my duplicated info below yours. I had started writing mine before yours was posted and didn't see it come up before I posted mine.

-Jon
Old November 25th, 2009, 02:06 PM   #7
Go Go Godzilla

While not a FCP plug-in there are a few stand-alone apps that can handle this level of stills-animations far faster than working on it in FCP, such as "Photo to Movie" and a few others. They are capable of outputting any codec/frame-rate to match your sequence settings exactly, so once your stills sequence is done you simply import the finished QT file into your FCP timeline and go back to work, no rendering required.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite