Rendering for iMovie or FCE at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old January 7th, 2010, 03:57 PM   #1
Trustee

Rendering for iMovie or FCE

I use a PC, but a business associate wants some footage I shot for use with iMovie or Final Cut Express. She is not a video editor by trade, but I guess she knows her way around iMovie. My footage is both DV widescreen (AVI using Microsoft DV codec) and 720p (M2T). I need to give her DV widescreen.

I want to give her QuickTime files so she's working with something she's used to. What rendering settings should I use? I can use Premiere Pro, After Effects, Vegas or QuickTime Pro to do the conversion.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #2
Trustee

Since your source is DV widescreen, I would probably just convert it to a Quicktime .mov file as DV/DVCPro-NTSC with aspect ratio set to 16:9, and if the source is progressive, make sure you set that correctly in the scan mode options if using Quicktime Pro to do the conversion.

The resulting file should work fine in iMovie and/or FCE.

-Jon

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite