FCP Chroma Key & grading problem - help! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old January 23rd, 2010, 08:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

FCP Chroma Key & grading problem - help!

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me sort out an issue I'm having with FCP and some green screen footage - I've searched for previous posts but can't find anything relevant.

I'm cutting some green screen footage (clip A) in FCP (shot 720p25 on the HVX200).

In FCP I'm using the Chroma Key filter and then the green spill suppressor filter to key out the green. This works very nicely.

I then put the video I want to replace the green (clip B) on the video track below clip A. Again, this works nicely.

Then I'm applying a 3-way color correction to clip A in order to make it match the contrast and balance of clip B. This is a big no-no. Clip B is becoming massively distorted by the grade on clip A.

The grade is obviously acting as a filter of sorts above clip B, but I can't work out how to do the grade I need to - I was sure I'd heard people talking about doing this in FCP but I clearly can't get the workflow right.

Many thanks
Old January 23rd, 2010, 10:37 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Problem solved

Hi again,

Problem solved - very embarrassingly I'd made a simple mistake with the order of the various filters I had on my keyed clip.

Apologies for wasting forum space.

Best

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite