HELP!!! Clips Change on render / footage at 50% when captured at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 26th, 2010, 02:38 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HELP!!! Clips Change on render / footage at 50% when captured

ARRRRGGGGGG!!!!!! Just finished a timeline, did a full render and 1/2 my clips have slipped to something else! Recorded in HDV720p25 captured as ProRes 422 HQ 720p25.

For example the clip thumbnail is a man, the viewer shows a man, the canvas shows a man, but when rendered its a women (from another part of the same clip).

I went through the raw clip and sub clipped with in and out point and apple+u to create a sub-clip, and in/out and dragging it out of the viewer.

The only other thing that was strange with it is all the footage is 1/2 speed. Audio is fine, but video has to be speed up to 200%....

Ive reset the FCP prefs & Render Cache, relinked the media, started an entire new project, I'm out of options, out of time and so annoyed!!!

OSX 10.6.2
FCP 7.0.1
2009 8core MacPro

Flip, why do I seem to get the projects that go way out of line! I just want it to work!
Thanks
Ryan
Ryan Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 08:21 AM   #2
Go Go Godzilla

Sounds as if you have a corrupted project file or, leftover resource forks that are still pointing to original media that doesn't exist in the same location anymore.

I'd suggest two things, both of which are relatively quick and simple:

1. Download and run ALL the cleaning and maintenance routines in Onyx.
2. Download and use the FCP Tookit from Digital Rebellion and have it analyze and fix all your FCP components and QT files associated with this project.

If you do have project corruption or out of date resource forks making things wonky one of those apps should clear the problem. If that doesn't get you fixed up it could be a mis-allocation of sub-clips that have been re-used improperly in the Asset Browser and now FCP is confused as to which is current. Could be your naming scheme or how you've been managing your original media.

Let us know if any of the above helps.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite