DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 29th, 2010, 09:00 PM   #1
Major Player

FurnaceCore?

Anyone use this plug-in set? I am looking for a replacement to Twixtor for slow motion and this plug is 50% off for the next couple of days. It would be great to have some opinions especially if you have used both.
Old March 30th, 2010, 02:01 AM   #2
Major Player

I think Kronos is even better than Twixtor for slo mo, and that is saying something.
Also, DeNoise is about as good as Neat Video for removing grain, which is also saying
quite a bit as well. I haven't used the other plug ins in the set much, Match grade, looks nice, but
I tried it once and it didn't work like I thought it might.......but of course I didn't
do too much fiddling with it yet as I am currently working on finishing a couple projects.
Gabe Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:45 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for your feedback Gabe. I downloaded the demo and used it on a clip that I had previously used twixtor on. It seemed to do as good a job at a quicker render time but I don't want to trust a couple of instances. Will a floating license allow me to install it on three computers but just use it on one at a time? I'm confused about that.
Old March 30th, 2010, 10:10 AM   #4
Go Go Godzilla

Jonathan,

Jump on the special offer for FurnaceCore. I like Twixtor and have given it "thumbs-up" reviews in the past but it's painfully over-priced and for no good reason either. They've been trading on their usage in film experience for far too long and need to revisit their pricing model - like yesterday.

I've only used Kronos briefly in a few projects and would rate it as good if not a tad better than Twixtor and for the current pricing special *with* the additional filter, it's a no-brainer.

Get it, be happy!
Old March 30th, 2010, 10:15 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I know what you mean about the Twixtor pricing. I am ordering it today. The special only goes until tomorrow so I am glad to get a couple of peeps giving it the thumbs up before I buy.
Old March 30th, 2010, 11:42 AM   #6
Major Player

I think you'll be happy, especially at the special price. I was pretty impressed with
the plug in set when I used it, good stuff and as Robert said, the pricing is much more
in tune with.....'today's economy'.
Gabe Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Lane View Post
I like Twixtor and have given it "thumbs-up" reviews in the past but it's painfully over-priced and for no good reason either. They've been trading on their usage in film experience for far too long and need to revisit their pricing model - like yesterday.
Yes, ditto. I'm not a huge fan of Furnace core because it misses out what I believe are critical plugins that make Furnace unique, such as the de-blur plugin which has saved my bacon at least twice. The pricing is definitely over the top without the incentives given to freelancers or home users by companies such as Imagineer Systems (e.g. 10% of full price for freelancers). Similarly, they won't reduce the cost of Nuke for freelancers, which at over $4K is around the same cost as the full furnace.
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 04:22 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Guys - I'm glad I ran across this thread - last day for purchase! I've been wanting Twixtor but the price turned me off - this is perfect. Too bad I just purchased Neat Video last week - before I even knew the Foundry had an offering on this front... oh well.
Ryan Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 04:36 PM   #9
Major Player

I know what you mean Ryan. I pulled the trigger and I am happy I did. Thanks for your help guys!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite