Colors change when exporting out of FCP - yes this problem. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 31st, 2010, 09:05 AM   #1
Major Player

Colors change when exporting out of FCP - yes this problem.

Ok, so I know tons of people have had this problem, but I have yet to find the ACTUAL solution.

I am working in FCP 6.0.6
Qucktime 10.0 (90.3.1)
Mac OS x 10.6.2

I am working with footage from the P2 camera HPX500 1080p 23.98

when I export my footage out at ANY setting, YES ANY setting be it prores HQ, h264, mp4, uncompressed... anything... The color changes. Its slightly different for each one. Not one of them being right. the closes is prores hq BUT its still very off. The reds are pink.

I have read over and over and over again reasons why this is happening, but no one has an actual REAL solution to this. Is there anyone who can help me get this right? It's starting to bother me like you wouldn't believe. I purposely have to color correct things wrong and export it tons of times, before the final export matches closely to the colors I want. Its just ridiculous. I know others are doing the same thing I am doing too and haven't found an actual solution.

Is there anyone who can help ?
Giuseppe Pugliese is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite