Regular Crew

P2 / BM Intensity / ProRes 422 / Low Data Rate

Hi

Recently bought a Panasonic AG-HPX302en (Australia) running FCP 7.0.2

Setting cam to AVC Intra 100 25p

In Audio/Settings I choose the following:

Sequence Preset: Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) 1920 x 1080 25p 48KHz

Capture Preset: Blackmagic HDTV 1080i uncompressed

After I've ingested footage into FCP, the browser is showing that the clip's Data Rate is 13.9 MB/sec

Is this a bit low?

If anyone uses the Intensity card, is there another Capture Preset I should be using or is this FCP's way using ProRes to reduce / compress the footage.

In FCP the drop down window for the Capture Preset doesn't really give me a lot of options, I think the HDTV 1080i 50 is about the best option, but I'm sure that's dropping the data rate.

The BM card is only 8 bit I know, but it's not like I'm using the BM to capture the footage, I use it only to monitor with a 32" Panny LCD TV

That said, I have captured 8 bit uncompressed video via HDMI and a Canon HF 10 and that shows up at a data rate of 99 - 101 MB/sec

Any ideas would be welcome, thanks

Michael

Last edited by Michael Lyas; May 25th, 2010 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Grammer correction
Michael Lyas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite