Second monitor for CC with FCS3??? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 1st, 2010, 09:04 AM   #16
Trustee

I might have sounded like I 'hate' the Mini but its far from that. It just doesn't suit my fast paced workflow and now I need HD-SDI in and out. (so I'm ordering a Kona LHi) Matrox ported over to Windows so I certainly understand some growing pains. And yes, it does appear that some issues have been fixed since my testing 9-10 months ago with driver updates.

What I do hate is how Matrox states that this device gives accurate color. Someone can say that I am just sore because I paid $2300 for an Eizo and $2900 for a Panasonic but they can't argue that both of those LCDs give a far more accurate picture than a Mini + LCD/HDTV.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I was taught that calibrating to NTSC bars is for PRODUCTION only. For Post, you need a high quality monitor CALIBRATED to a certain gamut (601, 709, DCI...).

Nigel, for future use, telling me that my comments are useless when they are just answers to someone's question is not the best way of going about things as you can tell by my semi-rude comment back to you. (it didn't help that I was in a bad mood at the time as well)
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite