Convertine Mov or FCP timeline to WMV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 29th, 2010, 12:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Convertine Mov or FCP timeline to WMV

Is there an easy way to convert a timeline in FCP to .wmv? I also need to resize the video, from 720p to 600x324 (wmv format) for a client. Is there hope?
Annen James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 01:36 AM   #2
Trustee

Use Flip4Mac.
Old August 29th, 2010, 09:03 AM   #3
Major Player

Dave is entirely correct, but just to address the phraseology of the original question:

You aren't going to 'convert a timeline', or at least I wouldn't describe it that way -- you are going to 'export' a timeline. File>Export>Quicktime Conversion>Windows Media ... if you've installed Flip4Mac your options will include a wmv option that offers resizing, bit rate, et cetera.

Cheers,
GB
R Geoff Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 09:16 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I've installed the free version of Flip4Mac and have done that process. I don't see anywhere to resize the video though.
Annen James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #5
Major Player

I may be working with a paid version of Flip4Mac, but for me the option for resizing appears in the first dialogue box that appears after I've selected Windows Media in the Export>Format choice, choose 'options' and review the 'video' tab -- the frame size and rate choices are towards the bottom of the dialogue. It defaults to 'current' (same as timeline) and offers many drop-down presets including a 'custom' that lets you make your own choice. The size you are after is a bit odd-ball, but you can make choices and decide whether to preserve aspect ratio, generate an anamorphic file, crop, mask et cetera.

GB
R Geoff Baker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite