DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 28th, 2010, 10:50 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Quicktime error 0

Hey everybody,

When I send my project to Compressor it starts rendering but somewhere in the end it says failed: quicktime error 0. I've never had this problem and I read on the internet that it can me a ram thing of the comp. I've got a Mac Pro 8 core with 16 GB RAM so it shouldn't be a problem. I have some stock footage in the project as well. Some HD footage that I all ready rendered in the timeline.

Anybody knows what to do wit this. Any help would be great, cause I have a really tight deadline!

Cheers Niels
Old September 28th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Possibly a corrupted file in your project. Try to make a self-contained QuickTime and see if that works. If it fails, you might be able to located the bad file by observing how far along in the writing process it fails.
Old September 28th, 2010, 02:50 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey William, thanks for answering. The self contained quicktime worked. I thought the quality of that was less then putting it to compressor. But at another forum I heard that I have to take the self contained quicktime into compressor instead of directly into DVD Studio Pro.
Old September 28th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #4
Inner Circle

As long as "Recompress" is NOT checked, a self-contained QuickTime out of Final Cut is a one to one transfer of the digital data excepting any filters, titles or transitions that were applied to the sequence. Those are processed just as if you rendered them, including real-time filters and transitions. Exactly the same process as if you sent the sequence directly to Compressor but that way the renders are temporary files which are deleted at the end of the process.

It's the cleanest way to make a full copy of a finished sequence.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite