DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Photoshop curves for Final Cut (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/485713-photoshop-curves-final-cut.html)

Dominik Seibold October 8th, 2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Ash (Post 1576731)
Where can I find the updated cures version for downloading?

Same address as the older:
http://www.dominik.ws/rgbcurves.zip

@William
Try downloading and installing it again. I've changed its "group-uuid", which is responsible for identifying the different plugin-categories. The last version had a default one, which perhaps conflicted with another plugin you have installed.

William Hohauser October 8th, 2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominik Seibold (Post 1576692)
Yes, you have to copy that folder to /Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug (or ~/Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug). But I guess the folder is already there, because you already executed the installer package. I'm not sure why my plugin isn't shown in your plugin-list. Which version of Final Cut do you have?

FCP 7 on a MacPro. However, I just downloaded the new installer on my laptop and your plug-in loaded like a charm. Works great. I'll try to reinstall it on the MacPro later. That's the machine I'll use it on.

Thank you for the hard work that went into it.

Simon Denny October 8th, 2010 02:42 PM

Thanks Dominik,

The plugin works great. I have been looking for a plugin like this for a long time. Thanks for the research and development on this and keep up the good work.

Cheers

Chuck Spaulding October 14th, 2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominik Seibold (Post 1576692)
Yes, you have to copy that folder to /Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug (or ~/Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug). But I guess the folder is already there, because you already executed the installer package. I'm not sure why my plugin isn't shown in your plugin-list. Which version of Final Cut do you have?

Hi Dominik, I'm on a MacPro as well, everything seemed to install OK but the plug-in doesn't appear in my effects palette. There is a folder installed at /Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug/RGBCurves.fxplug.

Regarding the Hi-Pass filter, I guess I use it more like an unsharp mask, I duplicate the layer, set the Hi-Pass filter and then change the transfer mode, that way I can dial in the sharpening. That way you can get some subtle edge sharpening without adding a lot of noise. I shoot mostly with the 7D and with the still this method of sharpening works really well, I'm guessing that the video from this camera would benefit from this too.

Now I'm using the sharpening in Color which is OK, but it doesn't really compare to what I can do to a still in Photoshop using the Hi-Pass filter.

Dominik Seibold October 15th, 2010 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Spaulding (Post 1578803)
Hi Dominik, I'm on a MacPro as well, everything seemed to install OK but the plug-in doesn't appear in my effects palette. There is a folder installed at /Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug/RGBCurves.fxplug.

Please download and try it again. I've now disabled the localization-option. I don't know if that helps, but let's do trial and error. ;) Btw. which version of Final Cut do you have?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Spaulding (Post 1578803)
Regarding the Hi-Pass filter, I guess I use it more like an unsharp mask, I duplicate the layer, set the Hi-Pass filter and then change the transfer mode, that way I can dial in the sharpening. That way you can get some subtle edge sharpening without adding a lot of noise. I shoot mostly with the 7D and with the still this method of sharpening works really well, I'm guessing that the video from this camera would benefit from this too.

Now I'm using the sharpening in Color which is OK, but it doesn't really compare to what I can do to a still in Photoshop using the Hi-Pass filter.

But Final Cut has an unsharp mask filter. So you need a high-pass filter?

Josh Bass March 13th, 2011 03:12 PM

Re: Photoshop curves for Final Cut

I know this is somewhat old news, but I'd like to play with it and can't get FCP to recognize it? I"m on FCP 6, by the way.

There is indeed a library/plugins/fxplug/rgbcurves.fxplug folder, but don't see it in FCP.

Nuno Ferreira March 25th, 2011 05:57 AM

Same problem here.
Can’t make it work. It installed in library/plugins/fxplug/rgbcurves.fxplug folder, but nothing shows up in Final Cut Pro.
I’m using a Mac Pro with FCP 6.

Josh Bass March 25th, 2011 02:15 PM

I just tried emailing him directly.

Nuno Ferreira March 26th, 2011 06:02 AM

Thaks Josh.
I'll wait for feedback then.

Aric Mannion March 27th, 2011 01:34 PM

This is a great thing to have... I usually use just the level corrections in photoshop (and after effects) so that would be really awesome to have. But having curves in FCP is great too, thanks.

Nuno Ferreira March 28th, 2011 07:39 AM

Hey Aric, did you manage to get it to work?

Pete Stone April 4th, 2011 07:38 PM

I got it to work........I had to change the sharing and permissions in the "Get Info" box to read and write for me. Otherwise, the folder was locked.
Pete Stone

Josh Bass April 4th, 2011 08:55 PM

Can you elaborate? Where is this magic box?

Josh Bass April 4th, 2011 09:24 PM

I think I did what you said. . .(me) and "staff" have read & write permissions ("everyone only lets you select "read only" or "write only") on the RGBCurves.fxplug, plug ins, and fx plug folders. I'm still not seeing anything in FCP.

This should show up in the effects tab under video filters/neat video, right?

Nuno Ferreira April 6th, 2011 12:47 PM

Can't make it work. Now if I install it doesn't create a folder anymore. Just a plugin file in the fxplug folder with the name RGBCurves.fxplug. But it doesn't show up in FCP, even if I change the sharing and permissions settings.