DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 5th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Music Videos to DVD

Have a client that wants 80's music videos playing in the background during her fashion show. Have not found anywhere to buy them on dvd. Found some on iTunes but don't think they will let me turn them into DVD's (work around?). Found many on uTube but low quality. Also not sure how to download from uTube.

Any suggestions on getting files I could use in FCP?

Thanks in advance.

Carlos
Carlos San Roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2010, 07:55 PM   #2
Regular Crew

hello Carlos
I use a software: clipnabber to download videos from youtube, you have to try a few videos to find the one with the best image and sound. copy url then nab then choose dowload mp4, after that just drag in final cut.
hope it will help
Martin Labelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Go on eBay. There have been people selling the music video compilation tapes that the record companies used to distribute to clubs in the 1980's. Legality of use is another issue.
Old October 11th, 2010, 06:08 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Martin and William. I was able to find all but two of the video I needed. Good tip on the ebay thing. Martin I'll try your recommendation on the last two I need.

One problem - I'm finding that my audio is off by 5 seconds when I'm capturing the dvd. Im using the same process I've used many times. I hook up my dvd player (audio and video) to my JVC HD50 deck which is connected to the mac via firewire. Use uncontrollable capture setting. Everything comes in ok but when I play it back the audio is off. Never had that problem before. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Carlos
Carlos San Roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 06:17 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Problem Fixed. Was in the wrong capture setting. Audio was coming from the mixer and not the deck. Iguess enough to cause the delay.
Carlos San Roman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite