Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 1st, 2005, 11:13 AM   #1
New Boot

removing logos in post

Hi,
I am making a short film and have done a pretty good job of keeping company logos out of it until sitting down to edit an drealizing that in a close up of one of my actor's feet there is a champion logo on his sock, it's not big and only about a 2 second shot but very noticable, I am using FCP 4, is there a way to white this logo out? any advise would be much apreciated.

Drew
Drew McElvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2005, 11:22 AM   #2
Major Player

hi there. the easy way is to matte it out in fcp or use a blur filter (i've seen a few third party filters specifically for this purpose, but have not had any experience with them).

if it's only 2 seconds and you want it to look really good, you can export the clip in sequential images and paint the logo out in photoshop. you are looking at modifying 60 or so separate images.
A.J. Briones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2005, 11:32 AM   #3
Inner Circle

That's really coast-to-coast help!

Question, is this a concern about copyright infringment? I wasn't aware that it is necessary? Would very much appreciate knowing about this.

Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite