DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 8th, 2010, 02:23 AM   #1
New Boot

Render problem with 7d footage

Hi all,

Just a quick rundown. Got my 7d on saturday morning and took it straight out for a test shoot involving fireworks. Got the footage downloaded and converted via mpeg streamclip into prores 422 HQ. Brought into final cut pro (version 6.0.6) and done all my cuts and it plays back fine and looks great. Final step was to add a filter (magic bullet looks but it's the same with any filter). I then have to render and it chops the video nearly in half (see attached jpegs). Can anybody advise me on what is wrong? I believe my sequence and render setting are same as codec or prores 422. It's also on square pixels Is there anything else I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Render problem with 7d footage-photo-1.jpg   Render problem with 7d footage-photo-2.jpg  

craig veasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2010, 08:18 AM   #2
Major Player

My guess is that the filters you are using may not like rendering in 10 bit high precision YUV, or that because the source is 8 bit transcodes to prores some funky 10 bit/8bit issues are going on. Try checking your sequence setting and on the second tab along (timeline options I think) changer your render to render everything in 8 bit YUV or RGB (depending on your needs) and see if that fixes it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite